View Single Post
      03-15-2023, 11:17 PM   #61
wasya152
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ///M3CS

I agree with the post. I think it's about perspective. A lot of people either don't have it and just don't know what a fun car could feel like, don't drive hard enough to know, or just get butt hurt and defensive about the g80 right away. From the fun factor, the g80 is definitely missing some of the edge and excitement. That special ///M'ness that existed before. Part of it is the zf too. Anyone that says it's as good as dct or pdk or that they can't tell the lag are either too inexperienced, don't drive hard enough, or just in denial. Yeah, the car is an amazing daily, but what it made up in daily confort and driving, it kinda lost in driving pressure. A lot of current g80 m3 owners are young and/or first time m buyers with first time buying an m3. If you have driven e46, e90, and in my case f80cs, or even the e39 and e60 m5, then you know what I'm talking about. Something was lost. Is it all bad, absolutely not. Still a great car, but is it an exciting to drive, not as much. My brother has a g80 so I've spent enough time borrowing it and driving it to know. It's super fast and capable for sure, but it doesn't tickle my balls like it should, pardon my french. 😁

But who knows. When my g80 CS arrives, I might eat my words and think it's the greatest thing ever. At least that's what I'm hoping since I walked away from the g80 the first time after having it for 24 hours.

Last edited by wasya152; 03-15-2023 at 11:26 PM..
Appreciate 3
DO4441410.50
BuckysBMW171.50