View Single Post
      05-06-2022, 11:05 AM   #383
kyoung05
Private
Rep
Drives: M340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gfit View Post
I get both sides. I really do. But when I see hundreds of posts saying carbon buckets are a must, carbon fiber is a must, parking assist is a must, laser lights are a must… but let's save money on an option that clearly improves performance vs all those cosmetic improvements just confuses me. :
Haha, I was thinking the same thing! Lots of "must have" options according to the forums that add zero performance value and instead take what is meant to be an engaging, enthusiast/driver's car and turn it more into a do-everything quasi-luxury car.

If AWD was available with a manual transmission, that'd be the one I'd want. I live in NJ, so having something that is more all weather capable is a plus. Also, I've owned my M340i xDrive long enough to know that it is indeed very RWD-biased - so much so that most folks wouldn't know it was AWD unless really pushing it close to its limits. Unfortunately, the MT is only available in RWD, so that's the one I'll get. As someone else said, these cars are never going to be the fastest things on the road, regardless of configuration, so I'll optimize for the experience rather than bragging rights based on magazine specs.
Appreciate 3
Gfit2724.50
iMi8471.00
2011ninja3406.50