View Single Post
      09-07-2021, 08:30 AM   #18
chicagoguy0822
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4 Convertible (G83)

Quote:
Originally Posted by razman View Post
I'm debating whether to upgrade my base M3 build to laser lights, but I'm having a tough time understanding whether and to what extent this option actually improves visibility for day to day (night to night I suppose) driving.

First, to make sure I'm understanding the upgrade correctly, the option is not just adding laser technology, but is also upgrading the standard LED lights to "adaptive" LED light, correct? If so, what's the difference between standard and adaptive? Do you find that difference useful?

As for the laser, is that limited to just high beams above 35 mph and has no effect on low beam driving (at any speed)? This video (9:01 - 9:45) shows an M8 toggle between low beam LED, high beam LED, and high beam laser, and there doesn't seem to be that big a difference between the latter two imo.

If the laser is limited to just high beam use, and even then the difference is somewhat negligible, I'm debating this option's value. (Though the blue coloring in the headlamps is undeniably rad.)
I have a G83 on order. Originally, I did not have the laser lights in my build, even though I thought they looked cool. I reached out to my dealer last week and added them on. In the end, this is my dream car and I felt that if I was going to order a $92K car, I didn't want to go back and have regrets over a $1000 option.

Life is short. If you want the lights, add them!
Appreciate 5
FrankieNuo1219.00
gnx759.50
Limegrntaln13475.00