TheBingoBalls
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgokev View Post
My guess is BMW first said "we know it's on cars from XX/XX to YY/YY so for now let's hold everything in that range up" and then forum enthusiasts found it and freaked out and they had to pull the info off the UK site.

Since then, BMW likely said "okay we can now narrow it down to these specific engines with parts from this supplier" … and even further since then "using these specific parts from this specific batch from this specific supplier".

Modern manufacturing has immense traceability for exactly this reason.

For me, if I'm not listed I have zero worry about this popping up later. Sucks for the people in this thread that panic sold their car and/or canceled delivery of their orders. Others are likely now enjoying their unaffected cars. But, it's a lesson in being overly reactionary to incomplete information.
Welcome to Bimmerpost where "I heard from a friend of a friend of a friend's neighbour told me" comes across as being factual. It's why I don't like to closely follow or contribute to these types of threads until I know the complete story and if I can add something factual.

If you were here during the M2 Competition stop delivery, that thread was a s—t show with grossly inaccurate info.
Appreciate 0