10-28-2021, 01:05 PM   #66
KevinMO91
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M3 Comp Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryc365 View Post
This is why I paid a professional $100 to do it!

I think my guy had to push the heat shield up a bit to allow the pipe to sit higher. Might be worth looking at but I didn't see exactly what he did. I had given him the heads up to make sure the pipe and brace cleared each other as I did lot want any rattling

Maybe have someone take a look. I wouldn't be happy with the washers on the brace. Seems like you shouldn't have to do that
Yeah its definitely not suppose to, but I'm 99% sure it's an issue with the ssr downpipes, I think I need to rotate one completely 360 degrees, when I disconnect the downpipes and lay the midpipe in the tunnel it sits where it needs to, but as soon as go to bolt the midpipe up, it pulls the whole system down. I loosened the clamp and roared the downpipes but to do a complete 360 I'd have to take the O2 sensors off. which means pretty much uninstalling the whole system.

It doesn't rattle or anything now.

Did you do downpipes as well? It's easier to get fitment on the stock downpipes because 1.) they are already in correct place, 2.) one has a flex pipe so it's easier to move around.
Appreciate 0