OUGrad05
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 i4 and 2022 Acura MDX

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracer bullet View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by OUGrad05 View Post
I'm kicking around the idea of picking an EV this year.
It's a bit late in the thread but - just out of curiosity, why? I don't mean to get into the argument of needing one or not, just that it might help, as it does with any thread about what-car-to-get, to know what you're looking for. Or maybe I missed it and you already explained.

Big, little, carrying kids, daily driver, weekend driving, cross country, camping, track, etc.?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracer bullet View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by OUGrad05 View Post
I'm kicking around the idea of picking an EV this year.
It's a bit late in the thread but - just out of curiosity, why? I don't mean to get into the argument of needing one or not, just that it might help, as it does with any thread about what-car-to-get, to know what you're looking for. Or maybe I missed it and you already explained.

Big, little, carrying kids, daily driver, weekend driving, cross country, camping, track, etc.?
In general I like EVs and the way they deliver power. More efficient drivetrains overall, quiet and good performance when built right. It's a DD and I drive 20-22k miles a year right now.

Also like the idea of fuel diversity, having a gasoline car and an EV/hybrid. I've not ruled out ICE though. I like the x3 m40i a lot. As a taller guy I have plenty of room, it's quick and reasonably efficient.

I do carry the kids and family from time to time but my wife has a new MDX for legit road trips.

My commute is mostly highway at 80 or so mph. I have level 2 chargers in my garage so I can charge at home overnight.

The tech is changing so fast though I feel like anything is going to be dated by 2025. The i4 is great but no frunk and the overall packaging is definitely a compromise.

X3 m40i is compelling for other reasons. But when gas is $7+ a gallon in a few years that'll burn a little 😃