View Single Post
      02-15-2022, 10:51 PM   #38
Draman
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F06 650i, G05 X5, Taycan turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ol doc gully View Post
Yeah, I've really not been able to figure out what to think about the Polestar 2. I think its extremely well designed, aesthetically and conceptually - I think if I was actually at an OEM designing an EV product and had to appease bean counters its exactly what I would target - blurring the lines between crossover and sedan. But when I say I want a EV Sports Car I mean mostly from the handling/seating position, knock the cobwebs off on a windy mountain road kind of thing. Offering Ohlins and Brembos seems to be on the right track but at the end of the day it purportedly handles like a Model 3 on raised suspension (unsurprisingly), which is not bad but not great.

But that's very me-specific; definitely glad you brought it up as it should not have been omitted from this conversation as I'd say it might be the top ranking option.
I may be biased since I have a Taycan Turbo, but if you want an EV sports car, go drive a Taycan. It really drives and feels like a proper Porsche, easily the best driving EV on the market and nothing comes close. It has downsides as well (pcm 6 is garbage, the range leaves something to be desired, the price is very high, especially if you start picking options)
Appreciate 0