Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2

Garage List
2023 M2  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by OUGrad05 View Post
Not sure if this should go in the non-BMW section or here in the general cars discussion since I'm also considering BMW but thought I'd ask here and mods can move if they desire.

I'm kicking around the idea of picking an EV this year. There are some really good options coming to market the next couple of months. Kia's EV6, Hyundai Ioniq5, BMW i4 e40 and the Mustang Mach E are all really good options.

The BMW seems to have a few compromises that seem odd/annoying but overall I have no doubt it's the best built of the bunch.

Polestar options are interesting but range is crap which is unfortunate. The rest of the packages are compelling.

I've got level 2 charging capability in my garage. I put in two drops when we built so that shouldn't be a problem.

Distinct pro's/con's on each of the above. Frankly the Hyundai/Kia family is super compelling assuming they are comfortable and quiet. 800v charging, reasonable prices and strong warranty.

Mustang also compelling, great range, well built, strong dealer network.

BMW best built, looks great, likely very comfy based on my past history with BMW seats. But more expensive, not sure about warranty yet and will my dealer (only dealer in town) be difficult to work with?

Any thoughts? Comments? Am I missing any options? Would welcome any insight you guys have.
If this is your primary car that you need to depend on, the only real answer is Tesla. I say that simply because of their charging network. It is by far and away the best option. Public chargers outside of Tesla are a total crapshoot. They can be broken/out of service, in use, or charge extremely slowly. Which is really too bad because i'm not a Tesla fan.