View Single Post
      02-03-2022, 07:31 PM   #28
ol doc gully
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, 72 240Z, tacorunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bongoxxx View Post
My nephew has an I-Pace and I’ve driven it. Prefer the interior, fit and finish as well as how it drives to every other EV I’ve driven.

My brother-in-law is an early adopter and they have owned the Nissan Leaf when it first came out, BMW i3, and i3 REX multiple Tesla model S and X versions. Their current stable is ‘22 Tesla Plaid, ‘21 Tesla Model X, ‘21 Tesla Model Y, ‘20 Tesla Model 3 Performance and ‘20 Jag I-Pace. He’s got a deposit on the roadster as well as cyber truck lol.

The I-pace has spent significant time at the dealer for various things and seems to have the same reliability as other jags. Trouble is most of the dealers have 1 trained mechanic for EVs, that are not used to working on the EVs regularly. So it can spend extended time there just for them to diagnose the problem let alone fix it.
Too bad about the Jaguar reliability but I can believe it. On the other hand, I definitely trust any young unproven EV company substantially less - as far as reliability but would be petrified of the (in)ability to actually get something serviced.

I wish someone would make a proper electric sports car around that $70k price point. As it is, Model 3 is about as close as you get. Looking forward to what Lotus does.
Appreciate 0