11-05-2021, 08:57 AM   #14
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLife View Post
Hi Mike. I have logs and data. Same map, same boost target, same measured actual boost from the turbos. Different gas. More timing and higher fuel trims instantly. Higher calculated torque in the logs instantly. 60-130 improvements over 0.5 sec. back to back pulls before and after gas. Im not going to argue over this i have so much data its not even funny. Will do 60-130 when able on the stock car before and after addition of e25. Its gonna make a measurable difference, guaranteed. These new ecus add alot of power once they see higher octane. Gas is one of the most important mods for these cars.
I should make a youtube video about it.
I agree with you.

When you add more octane, there is room for higher timing and more power. You said you have logs showing the ECU does this automatically, and I won't argue with the data.

What I'm saying has nothing to do with timing. With E85, the Jb4 can push more boost and make more power.

The two statements are not mutually exclusive.
  1. you can make more power but only adding E85 and having the ECU adjust automatically
  2. you can make more power by getting a jb4 and upgrading to E85
  3. the power you make with a Jb4 and E85 is more than the power you'll make with stock and E85. Both are more power than stock on 91 or 93

In summary, I do not disagree with anything you said, and what you said does not contradict my post about the Jb4 and E85

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0