11-05-2021, 05:37 AM   #13
PLife
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 M50i, G80 M3 xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@x-ph.com View Post
Im glad your friend "feels" it's tuned, but that does not mean much, unfortunately.

I said i recommend the JB4 if you are using E85 to take advantage of the extra power. You disagreed and then went on about stock car + e85 and throttle closure.

I don't disagree with anything you said, but it has nothing to do with my statement.

the Jb4 takes advantage of the higher E85 octane and adds boost and make more power than on 91 / 93 octane ( a lot more power than your friend with his stock map and E85 fuel)
Are you saying that the statement in bold is wrong and the jb4 does not make more power with E85 than your friend's stock + e85?

Here is a dyno with Jb4 and E85, please have your friend post a dyno of his stock car with E85
Hi Mike. I have logs and data. Same map, same boost target, same measured actual boost from the turbos. Different gas. More timing and higher fuel trims instantly. Higher calculated torque in the logs instantly. 60-130 improvements over 0.5 sec. back to back pulls before and after gas. Im not going to argue over this i have so much data its not even funny. Will do 60-130 when able on the stock car before and after addition of e25. Its gonna make a measurable difference, guaranteed. These new ecus add alot of power once they see higher octane. Gas is one of the most important mods for these cars.
I should make a youtube video about it.
Appreciate 0