11-04-2021, 07:17 PM   #12
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLife View Post
Also disagree. Because the stock torque limiter is in place if you crank up the boost the car will close the throttle body and pull power. Diminishing returns with more boost after you achieve max torque per gear. Max tq for comp is 620 ftlb and for the manual its 540. Ive done over 200 pulls with logs. Multiple people are running my maps and doing dragy. Logs are consistent with the numbers.

The best bang for the buck after you are flirting with torque limits is higher octane unless you have a flash. My friend has a stock g82 and added e25 blend he said it feels tuned
Im glad your friend "feels" it's tuned, but that does not mean much, unfortunately.

I said i recommend the JB4 if you are using E85 to take advantage of the extra power. You disagreed and then went on about stock car + e85 and throttle closure.

I don't disagree with anything you said, but it has nothing to do with my statement.

the Jb4 takes advantage of the higher E85 octane and adds boost and make more power than on 91 / 93 octane ( a lot more power than your friend with his stock map and E85 fuel)
Are you saying that the statement in bold is wrong and the jb4 does not make more power with E85 than your friend's stock + e85?

Here is a dyno with Jb4 and E85, please have your friend post a dyno of his stock car with E85

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0