View Single Post
      10-31-2020, 08:12 PM   #21
VetteGuy
Captain
Rep
Drives: Arctic Race Blue M440iX

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkap27 View Post
They are VERY up in arms about the C8 looks wise as well haha I spent a lot of time on their message boards recently. I think when the i4 is released it will at least make a little bit more sense what bmw is doing. Seems to me like that front was meant for the i4 and they tried to tailor the 4 series front end to match up with the design language of the i4. Granted electric cars don't need grilles so it all does seem pretty unnecessary lol Electric cars seems to have this identity crisis where most designers don't know what to do with the front end since theres no more engine. The model 3 and mustang mach e front ends are abominations
C8 Corvette, with a following every bit as fervent as BMW, maybe more so, has had a lot of negative blowback, just like the G cars. Forum bitching ranged from fugly rear end, side scoops too big, rear deck too long, interior ergonomics, mid-engine , and no MT. Funny though, production is totally sold out through the middle of 2021, even with doubling the production capacity. All selling at or above MSRP.

Even though the Corvette is now so much more bang for the buck than an M car, I won’t be surprised if BMW sales of the struggling 4 cars, as well as the M3, M4, and even the i4 sell well.
Appreciate 0