12-19-2020, 06:25 AM   #80
OF Hero
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80!

Quote:
Originally Posted by seis-speed View Post
It is has been such an odd release. The week of release - lots of vids/pics and various marketing but nothing substantial about how the car drives. Then complete silence for 3 months?

This site is completely dead, very little new info to discuss, seemingly very little excitement or buzz.

My dealer has a comp incoming in 5 weeks and they have open allocations for customers to take, but I have not seen Davit Grey or Tanzanite on a G80. Not a single pic of the of the standard wheels and zero driving impressions in English since Schmee who only drove a pre-production version.

Also with a new CF seat we do not have any road impressions of how they feel while driving, only impressions of sitting in a parked car.

Porsche flew GT3 cars to journalists in LA and will have full driving reviews before the launch with reviews incoming in the next 2 weeks months before allocations are open. Why BMW is holding back reviews when there are open allocations for a car that was launched 3 months ago, seems poorly planned.

I'm still very much excited about the car...but it does seem odd that our first driving reviews may come from actual forum members here when they start taking delivery soon!

And I'm already tired of seeing SPY and IOMG at all these dealer/event showcases. I get that they're the promoted launch colors, but it would have been nice to see more colors in the flesh by now.
Appreciate 0