12-13-2020, 11:35 AM   #71
seis-speed
#savethemanuals
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M | GT3 | J392 | GRc

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanAutM3 View Post
I am one of those. The marketing campaign as a whole gave me the clear impression that I am no longer the target audience for the M3/4. Regarding performance, it's not only 0-60, but also a quoted in gear acceleration that is SLOWER than the F8X for the 6MT, which shares the same gearing as the G8X, pointing to a laggier engine. I was on the fence regarding the G8X, the marketing campaign definitely pushed me over to the other side.
The access has gone to the influencers. Personally, I do not trust their reviews and observations as much as the automotive journalists. If you are not coming off of lease, there is not much incentive to purchase with so much TBD.

My dealer is a little surprised I am not taking an open slot, because I had told them if a manual sedan is available I will purchase, but with styling that is worse than the G20, I want to know it drives extremely well.

Also worth note, surprisingly they are not the only game in town for us die-hard manual buyers, the CT5/4 V's are coming soon in manual. I do not really want to buy a GM car, but BMW has not gone a good job keeping me in the fold.
Appreciate 5
solstice5457.50
EXE462100.00
dmk087318.00
CanAutM321116.50
Nkr151123.50