Thread: 0w-30 or 5w-30
View Single Post
      08-31-2023, 03:24 PM   #35
Matt214
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2106 BMW M3 (F80) MT

I just got my 2024 G80 a week ago and am trying to get a leg up on the oil recommendations. I have a 2016 F80 and it has 107K on it. I've used Shell Rotella T6 5w-40 all of it's life and it runs as if new. Leaks nothing, doesn't use any oil, etc. I also remember the lead BMW tech mentioning that my valvetrain area was the cleanest he had ever seen when he had it removed (I think for a PCV valve change). I haven't read anyone mentioning the Rotella on here yet although I know a lot of guys used it on the S55 platform. I live in Texas where the summer heat broils us alive. I'm trying to get enough info to determine if I should stay with using the Rotella T6 or not. It is a damn good oil I know. One of the benefits of it is the detergents and the ability of it to withstand a lot of turbocharged punishment. It's marketed as an oil tough enough for turbo diesel engines. Anyone have any thoughts on it?
Echo_2635.00