View Single Post
      06-20-2022, 05:18 PM   #66
LongBeachDinanFan
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinan_Engineering View Post
Still engineer performance parts. The vast majority of everything we offer is developed wholly in house. Just are utilizing additional delivery vehicles where appropriate to be more cost effective in an ever expanding and competitive marketspace. Just because the hardware is similar does not mean the tuning strategies employed / mapping in general on the board, are the same. They are not. No different then "old Dinan" using off the shelf Koni (or JRZ or Bilstein) shocks and struts but tweaking the internal valving a bit to be more "Dinan" oriented and selling them as a new SKU as just one example. Taking advantage of a proven entitity and their economies of scale in manufacturing for better pricing to serve a wider market is just business.
Listen I understand you have a job to do here and I'm not trying to stop you from doing it. But there is only so much "calibration" to be done with these map clamp tunes. Maybe you guys should go buy out Carbahn? They at least have flash tuning going on the models now.

That said some of your intakes I've seen released are impressive so kudos on that front.
Appreciate 0