Drives: BMW

Garage List
2022 BMW M3X  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by r33_RGSport View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by forza1976 View Post
Another racechip clone!
Actually, it is not a clone. Clone is when someone took the original product and have it copied or cloned.
This Dinan X is what they called private label. So, Dinan management got together with RaceChip management and say, "Hey, can I purchase your product, change the appearance a bit, and put my brand on it".
It is like Costco do to many of their Kirkland's product.
While the software and mapping, it may and may not be the same. Only they know.
And guess what, Dinan is not the only one and not the first. Few company been using RaceChip product for a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrM4 View Post
I believe Carbahn is the only company offering an optional factory warranty match with their stage 1 performance controller. You can also upgrade to their flash tune when it's released if you want. I got tired of waiting for the dme's to get cracked so I went with Carbahn and have no regrets. Don't want to sh*t on this thread but I'd be happy to share my thoughts/expierence so far if your interested.
Actually, RaceChip GTS and GTS Black been including engine warranty for the past couple years. Details can be found here.

https://www.racechip.us/engine-warranty.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limegrntaln View Post
They all are. JB4 seems to be one of the only ones making their own boxes.
Actually, no. Their board supposed to be a collab work between company, but one screw the other.
And it has been quite sometime that they are still using that old design 8-bit processor chipset with simple off the shelves ATX computer parts, while all new cars are sampling the data much faster.
Most guys that I've talked to confirmed that they do feel jerk and rough power delivery.
Whatever you call it, it's just a race chip.

Lame.
Appreciate 1
r33_RGSport12972.00