Padfan9
Sergeant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M8 Competition Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salespunk View Post
So M3 is the New M5?
If you compare the sizes of current vehicles vs those fond memories of previous versions they have truly moved everything up a category now.

E30 M3 >>> F87 M2
E39 M5 >>> G80 M3
7 Series >>> F90 M5

Even the inflation adjusted pricing aligns as well. What is unfortunate is that weight has gone well beyond the old models due to both regulations and consumers increasing desire for superfluous luxury items as well like soft close doors, etc.

I would have been really interested in an F90 M5 CS if they had gotten aggressive about weight loss and even the G80 sounds like it has added the Covid 200 now. A truly light weight G80 four door (sub 3400 lbs) would be my dream, but I don't think many share my vision of a de-contented family hauler. I think a GT3esque four door could be a category killer, but what do I know?
The F90 M5 and M5 comp are basically identical, 16 HP doesn't do much, and a tune makes them equal anyways.

'22 F92 M8 Competition Coupe - Frozen Brilliant White | 8 Speed DCT | Sakhir Orange/Black Full Leather | M Perf CF Exterior Package | M Perf. CF Exhaust | BBS FI-R 21" Wheels |
Appreciate 0