09-24-2020, 12:15 PM   #56
Rick955
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrh View Post
Thanks for the links! Unfortunately, Toronto Red has a little too much orange, for my taste. It's evident when you see the sun, or lights, shining on it. I wasn't sure until I saw those links.

I'm definitely not crazy about the color choices. I'm hoping Brooklyn Gray is a lighter gray, and not closer to Mineral Gray. I have Mineral Gray now, and it's too bland. Maybe Oxide? But, I thought I read that it will only be available on the base model, and not competition.

I'm not a green-type of guy, although I think IoM is interesting. I would never do yellow - definitely not me. I like Portimao Blue - but, it has become common on M340i's. The white is nice - but, a little on the bland side. I won't get a black - no way - too high-maintenance.

I wish there were a silver color - Silverstone or Hock or Space Gray. Or, a deeper red like Ferrari or Imola. I think my favorite color with BMW is Laguna Seca - love that color.
Yeah, but even Ferrari Red sometimes looks like it has a bit of orange in it too... https://www.topspeed.com/cars/car-ne...-ar175529.html. Imola would be a great choice. Wonderful red color. I agree with you about the Portimao too and Tanz is too dark. I'd never get black... especially here in CT with winter road mess.

I don't mind a bit of orange if it's subtle. Shakir was cool because it changed in bright sun where the orange stood out to a candy apple like red in the dark. The configurators just never did it justice and photos always vary. I'm hoping the Toronto might just be a little bit different and bold enough while not going over the top with a color like SP yellow.
Appreciate 0