View Single Post
      11-22-2020, 10:50 AM   #156
Tallest
Major General
Rep
Drives: 911

Garage List
2011 911  [10.00]
May be one or two people will identify with this sentiment, but I just have to say it : I feel like Im in 2003-4, deep into the Need For Speed Underground community, we are all experimenting with vinyls on cars for the first time in a video game, and I see online these shitty designed kits in weird mismatched skirts and bumpers, all looking exaggerated, and the vinyls oh god the vinyls, all those stripes in angles or tribal shapes.

This is what this car reminds me of. And I am suspecting the people who were allowed to designed it, have still had that NFSU game in their minds when the brief came in for the M3 ca 2020.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 190hpkilla View Post
The same people who are butt hurt about the new platform and style are the same people who killed BMW in the first place.

Buy older gen BMW, restore it and keep the old cars alive.

You know, last time BMW changed their design big time, I try to think back how I felt about it back then. Did I hate the bangle butt E65? Did I hate the E60? What about E90? Z4?

And I recall there were people who were offended back then too, but I recall how I thought they were pretty cool and different. The whole metal shaping was super interesting, smooth and sharp at the same time. I never liked E30 (I still dont, except M3, the stock car looks like some Lada to me but nicer), I did have E36 as my first car and E39 appealed nicely - and the E90s that followed (i owned 2) I really really liked (without those Idrives too). So am I just like those guys in 2000s who loved the old BMWs, or do I still have some sense in what looks good?

I arrived to conclusion that there is no redeeming feature for that sh.tshow of a grille (shape, size, etc) on that car. It's a joke. A damn ugly car. Anyone who tells me It will grow on me, I just dont take them seriously or dont trust they know what theyre talking about.

Last edited by Tallest; 11-22-2020 at 11:02 AM..
Appreciate 0