10-24-2020, 03:46 AM   #11
Scorp!on
Captain
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 G80 MT BSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DecemberStorm View Post
nice spec ... are all options a la carte in switzerland? Most creature comfort stuff (at least for the 1st model year) is bundled into chunky packages in Canada. Resulting in situation where getting the $$$$ "ultimate package" is the only way to get gesture control and display key!

Interesting the big discount you can source over there, is it how most car dealer pricing work there? also.. this "7CH 4 Years Warranty CHF 1'550" is extended warranty or the car doesn't come with warranty!?!?

and yes i would echo the comment to get a colorful interior.. its a M3 after all. My heart is set on the press launch combo of sao paolo yellow on yas marinas blue on my G82 order

re: pricing differential... it's typically not directly FX translated as 1) companies would hedge years ahead and 2) it'd be more PPP based than FX based... Obv in a wealthy place like CH everything gonna cost more, but America is so cheap also due to the best economies of scale. You don't see that effect as obvious in China prices due to very heavy import car tariff. Canada actually not that cheap as there's a decent FX translation in most car prices and income here isn't as high as US. E.g. my M4 build (not *fully* loaded) comes out to 102k cad. Optically looks good as prices here don't include tax, and very few of us earn USD while living in Canada so the FX "savings" is a moot point.

Sales tax in Canada vary by province.. where I am it's 13%. The worst is in British Columbia where there's also a luxury car tax for stuff over 125k. I assume in Europe there's carbon tax too for ICE vehicles that jack up the prices?
First of all thank you for this very detailed post of yours!

Here in Switzerland as you see yes most is "a la carte", even the wheels which I saw in canada the 19/20 is already included. Default wheel spec is 18 front 19 back.
The gesture package and Laserlight and so on is in the Technology Paket for 2900 CHF.

Regarding the discount: You usually never pay the price which is listed, you always get discount but it differs from dealer and also from the car manufactor. At BMW I have a 13% "Fleet Discount" which my company where I work has negotiated with BMW directly. On top of that the dealer himself gave me as much as he could resulting in about a 20% discount which I would say is pretty nice.

Default warranty in Switzerland is 3yrs/100'000km, as my lease will be over 4 yrs i decided to add it just to be on the safe side

Well SPY with YM interior of course is pretty awesome ! the exterior for me is decided, i first wanted to go with IOMG but when I saw the frozen dark grey I just fell in love... so interior Orange in your opinion? YM would look strange i guess

OK very interesting facts about the prices, thank you !

Well what we pay directly is on the car itself the 7.7% VAT.
After that we pay yearly taxes based on the weight and the cubic capacity of the car (had to google this word, hope i'ts correct).
In the case of the M3 I would pay every year about 600 CHF taxes.
but this depends on which area you live in Switzerland.

I guess in the end the price is OK, we also have free service for the car up to 100'000KM and free pieces replacement for max 3yrs/100'000km (for example brakes). So at least 3 yrs you have very little costs on the car itself for maintenance.

But just to say, alone the options which are "a la carte" pushed up the price of the car form 113'000 to 138'000, so 25k only optional stuff...
But when I buy a car like this I want it exactly the way I like it soo...
Appreciate 1