View Single Post
      11-30-2021, 11:30 PM   #18
razman
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying05 View Post
So I ordered my G80 6MT without seeing in person or driving it and just got it Saturday evening. All this crap about how the manual in this car sucks, too rubbery, hard to hit second, and so on. It's all complete crap! Or maybe the others were built late on a Friday.

This manual is buttery smooth, rather short in throws in my view, and helluva fun to drive. Now I know why I got bored with my 991s PDK, 971 Panamera 4s, and my DCT E92 M3. All autos!!! Sure, they are faster 0-60 vs a manual, but you get used to and always wanting more. Then what? I guess you can chip it, but then what after that. You're faster great, but still get used to it. I missed having the manual as I had in most all of my sports cars back in the days that gave me that drivers engagement that I missed in my E46 M3, C5 Z06, S2000, and Z28 to name a few.

It's been 10 too long years since my last manual (E46 M3) and now know what I missed. Not to mention the beauty of this car. So long story short, do your research and/or try to find one to drive before you buy to make the right decision. I know everyone's situation is different and this car is more of a weekend warrior for me and not my primary car, but could easily see myself driving this car daily if I had too and in traffic. Glad I made the right choice.

Oh and those with the paddles. Not knocking your choice of transmission and think those are wonderful as well, but just not for me this time around.
It looks amazing. Brooklyn Grey is definitely the color I'd go with if I didn't choose iomg.
Appreciate 1
Flying051305.50