View Single Post
      02-28-2022, 05:56 PM   #58
justm3f80
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: M3, Forester XT, Saab 92x

Thanks for the feedback and suggestions about my initial question as the OP.
Update: I wanted to take advantage of winter to get impressions of driving both the Bimmer and the Porsche during cold months up here in oh Canada🇨🇦 as I planned on getting an SUV that I could haul the family across provinces during inclement weather. Anyway I did back to back test drives in November when it's raining and cold was snapping in. Both are competent SUVs. As many of you have note the Porsche is very comfy and soft, I did find the limited cargo space annoying and something about the driving experience in the wet left me underwhelmed, maybe steering feel, suspension or the weight or possibly wrong tyre choice (had all seasons) I really struggle to describe this in more detail. The X3 M I drove was very bouncy as some of you have mentioned already. It's infotainment system is bar none the best I've seen in a car for this value. The handling was snappy(came equipped with winter rubber).. too snappy for my wife - was a deal breaker for her. Which is a shame because I really liked the BMW. It felt sure-footed and checked my box by having decent cargo room. I hated the harsh ride quality there was no setting that made it bearable, I've driven plenty between BC and AB I could think of being sane after 5-7hrs of driving on this suspension. I'm sure a set of springs could correct this situation but ultimately that plus the sport handling made the decision for us. A big no to both of those German siblings. We already enjoy the M3 which handles great and is sporty! We didn't want an SUV trying to be that. We're back to the drawing table, I'm even considering a lightly used F31 M performance wagon with all the bells and whistles. They look nice, roomy and quite rare. So finding one is hard. Anyway decisions.. decisions.
Appreciate 0