View Single Post
      02-28-2024, 12:18 PM   #3
TritonMotorsports
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3SQRD View Post
So your CCB rotors do not have an issue with loss of rotor mass with heat cycles, especially heat cycles from track abuse? What is the minimum mass, or more accurately what is % of allowable mass loss, of your rotors? From my understanding, there is a company that services OEM CCBs allowing them to be serviced and reused. I’m unsure of the number of times the OEM CCB rotors can be serviced. I looked on your website but I couldn’t find your CCB rotors. What’s the cost of a complete set of F and R CCM rotors?
Hello, apologies for the delay. The simplest answer to CCB and Track abuse- don't do it. If the car does more track duty than daily driver duty, then CCM is what we recommend. The reason behind it- the reinforced friction layer (silicon carbide) used on CCB's friction surfaces is more suited for the aggressive DD, autocross and occasional track use. If you are going to rip the car on a road course racetrack more often than not, then you will notice an abrupt fall in the performance of CCBs as soon as the RFL wears off. Plus the discs might become impossible to service.
A lot of our clients switched to our CCM setups on their Porsche and McLaren cars that are literally parked in their rented garages on the race tracks' premises. The inherent properties of CCM make them a bit more friendly to heat cycles and the performance doesn't drop abruptly. You will see a gradual and linear drop in performance.
We have seen our clients' factory CCBs delaminate in as quickly as 5 tracks days on heavier cars and about 10-12 track days on lighter cars. Yeah they can or will last longer but some clients had these issues fairly soon into the season. Compare that to the CCMs lasting 50+ track days while costing a bit less.
Comparing our CCBs to factory CCBs that use chopped fibers- yes ours are more resilient and even slightly lighter. Our first batches of CCBs that went on a few of our personal cars and the beta tester cars are still going strong. Some have put almost 70,000 miles on them and the pads are only worn by 2mm (allowable to go down to 8mm wear and then you pad slap for another 50k miles before the discs will need replacing or service).
Appreciate 0