United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 M2 6MT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by OSee View Post
Hilarious comment.

I'm shopping for one right now and can't come close to MSRP on any car that's on a lot. They are asking $10k over in most cases. Allocations are also nowhere to be found...anywhere....in the country.

LeaseHacker brokers with access to hundreds of dealer networks can't get anything right now.

And you're telling us that sales will eventually die down? The AWD is a 2022 model and will surely sell out every allocation or dealer build. So when is it? 2023? 2024? In it's last year of production?

The irony is especially rich coming from an M2 owner. How many jokes about the back half of the car and it just being a suped up M240i and not a real M (that's the M2C) did you have to sit through? According to enthusiasts way back then the M2 was going to be a flop.
1. You're acting like the car is beautiful because there are production issues on a new BMW during a pandemic? Now that's rich.

2. I haven't sat through any jokes, the M2 is the new M3, and the M3/M4's are cows. Oh how I wish it wasn't so, I'm an M3 fan from way back, but I'm also a fan of beauty, and to my eye they missed the mark with the new car.

3. I also never saw any press that said the M2 would be a flop. Seems whomever said that got it pretty wrong, since it'll one day knock the E46 off its perch. That's something the G80/G82 will never come close to doing.

Hey man, no harm, no foul, I just think (like most people, not BMW fanboi's) that the new car needs some tweaks to really carry that badge properly.
Appreciate 0