View Single Post
      12-27-2023, 07:21 PM   #18
BryanCO
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 997.1 GT3 G80 Manuals

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopJimmy View Post
The screw head is right by the tread. Likely you drove over it just right and the edge rolled the point upwards. If it were deliberate it would be screwed straight in perpendicular to the sidewall face.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M4Lou View Post
Yeah - you can always tell the ones you pick up on the road. Always super scratched up like the one in your tire. Oh wait...

Seriously - park next to bikers. Those guys are super careful. Plus, half the world is afraid of them. The GF and I used to go to a hole in the wall biker pub and I loved parking around them. Place is now closed
Ya, I think you guys called it. Certainly could have been a person but just as likely just picked it up driving. Roughly how deep was the screw? I guess someone could try to push in the screw with their hand, foot, rock, etc. But if they had a screw driver, why not just jamb that into the tire. But picked it up in four miles?

Sucks either way.

Reminds me of a couple of years ago, about 9:30 pm, I’m taking the dog out. I’m in our driveway and an C Class Merc is driving by with an obvious flat tire. Young lady stops in front of our house. I go over to assist. Long story short, she has four flats all caused by a screwdriver….
Appreciate 0