Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathObeaN View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjx View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
This is not a problem with EVs, this is you driving recklessnessly on public roads. Take it to a track where people are actually racing you and not taking their kids to school.
Did my dismissal of the Model 3 (and its Perf variant) rub you the wrong way?

By extension of your logic, electric cars shouldn't have that artificial noise at low speeds then because surely pedestrians can't be absent-minded right? It's those reckless electric car owners that need nannies. /s

Noise that catches people's attention and causes them to be alert = good for safety. Even with zero recklessness (on the part of the car generating the noise) in the picture.
I think his point was based on your statement "People pay attention when they hear a louder car approaching from behind and don't do unexpected lane changes. And often get out of the way too."

That just reads to me "I drive like a **** on public roads and scream up behind people but with a loud car they get out of my way". I could be wrong, but there are quite a few people like that on the road that give BMW drivers a bad name. That's what the track is for
Sounds like a 17 kid.

Racecar
Cos noisy
Cos people notice me
Cos people get out of the way

I've owned 3 M cars and can confirm no one gets out of the way thinking "damn that guys so cool I'd better move over"

Planet dream.