12-28-2021, 02:22 AM   #17
NathObeaN
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition (MY2021)

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmaster20d View Post
I am curious guys, but do most Tesla buyers even know what an M3 is or care? or did any of the M3 owners really cross shop a Tesla and an M3?

maybe it's just me but I honestly don't see the point of hundreds of 0-60 YouTube clips and the fascination with them on the internet forums. What do we learn from these really besides gifting clicks to the video poster ? I have had 3 M cars and never cared what the 0-60 was....
I have an M2C and have a pre-order down for an M3P (keeping the M2 for fun/track).

So yes, there are, but mostly out of curiosity. The reality is the M3/4 xDrive with the spec I would want is significantly more expensive then a M3P (add to that the cost of fuel). So while I find the videos interesting, they aren't really in the same price bracket anyway. That makes the comparison even more interesting in some respect that the M3P has the performance it does for the price it is.

They warrant comparison because they achieve a similar goal (fast and practical/family car), 'ready' (with changes) to have some fun on track, almost the same price bracket etc. Elon mask even made his statement on how MP3 was better than an M3 (last gen), so comparisons are investable moving forward.

While I would say the M3/M4 is perhaps the objectively better car, the Tesla is a better suited daily driver for me. No doubt others feel the same so like me are intrigued by the comparisons.
Appreciate 2