Quote:
Originally Posted by WAB View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by melanthius View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinGS View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by flsupraguy View Post
Yeah boiii you tell em! I mean this looks SOOOOO boring. I'm sure when you drive this on the race track you fall asleep on the straights! I mean who would choose this boring 911 gt3rs over an awesome super duper entry level 3 series.
GT3s are special, and these RS' better be at $225k+.

But regular 911s don't look like this or feel like the GT/RS models, and many still hover around $150k, and plenty more if you want more speed or panache.

Non-GT 911s aren't nearly as exciting to me, especially not at $150k+.

But on a racetrack is where even most base 911s shine, so if you're doing 6+ track days per year, 911s make sense...because you can beat on them and are highly engaging at 8/10ths plus.

So an M4 CSL vs. a 911 GTS? The BMW makes a compelling case.
Agree with this… P-cars are great if you have endless funding but you shouldn't, and don't need to spend $225k+ to have an exciting car

I think a good example would be lotus evora gt/ emira.

For 100k you get a lot of thrills in a pure analog sports car with incredible steering, nice noises, good looks, and much less common than a Porsche costing 2x as much.

I think CSL probably fits a similar bill but would really like to see DCT
You can get a GT4 at MSRP with a little effort making some calls and negotiating. That's a better car/engine than the Evora and will definitely retain its value better.
Not everyone wants a GT4 to be frank
Not everyone wants an Emiro either. What's your point?

You brought up lotus as an alternative to expensive GT cars but in reality they aren't much more expensive and probably less expensive factoring in resale. GT4 is the closest competitor to Emra
Maintaining a GT car (or any P car) isn't exactly cheap either, even at a good indy. The Evora's Toyota engine is admittedly not as special nor as free revving as a GT4 engine but parts are readily available and the later run of Evora cars are known to be reliable even with track use. Also add in the cost of fixing the GT4's long gear ratios ($12k or so). 718 GT4 production is not limited so prices may not hold as well as traditional GT cars, but who knows. Meanwhile, <350 Evoras were sold each year in the US.

By all accounts I've seen, the Evora is a much better road car with compliant suspension and excellent body control while a GT4 will rattle your teeth out on real roads. I'm sure the GT4 is better on the track but below 8/10s I'd take the Evora. I can (and have) actually fit a toddler in the back.

My point: both amazing cars that excel in different areas. Don't assume GT4 is always better.
The resale alone is worth the P car. Just my opinion. They hold better than anything. Especially the GT cars
Quote:
Originally Posted by HNSKP View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by G MONEY View Post
The resale alone is worth the P car. Just my opinion. They hold better than anything. Especially the GT cars
Definitely agree about resale value, especially when properly spec'ed.
Yeah…..

….if you don't drive it. Put miles on that car and the resale plummets.
Then don't buy it.
Appreciate 0