Rep
Drives: 2023 F90 M5 SG/AB

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren720s View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachBmmr View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achtung_M3 View Post
I recently completed my first track day in my '22 G80 M3 6MT and while I was pleasantly surprised by how well the car was able to handle the track and the high temps on the brakes/wheels, I know I need to make a few modifications to prepare the car to get the most out of the vehicle.

What are the essential modifications that need to be on the consistent track day enthusiast M3/M4?

While essentially remaining "budget friendly", it seems that a set of HAS springs, some track pads, and high temp fluids at a minimum however what are those brands/products and where are the best locations to purchase them? What are the consensus best? Can we get a running list?
Do not put HAS springs on your car for track purposes. It messes with the dampening and reduces suspension travel range.

Essentials for tracking regularly in order.

Brake Fluid (motul or srf)

Brake pads (cobalt or pagid)

Camber plates (unless you like buying tires every 5 sessions)

Track alignment (high neg camber, and some front toe out)( i have a lifetime alignment at my local firestone and the tech is very good dialing in what I want)

Second set of track tires, but would wait for better wheel options to do 295 or 305 square (using spacers up front)

When they're available giro-disc two piece rotors

Brake cooling (speed engineering)

If youre really going deep (Im getting there)

Monoball conversions
Lower control arms and tie rod ends
Sway bar end links

Coilovers

Track slicks

What did I leave off
On the RWD G82 I went with 0 front toe alignment. I'm about to get an alignment soon on the XDrive before my first ever track day with it and I wonder if I should go with a small amount of toe out for it.

Any opinion or suggestions? I haven't tracked the XDrive or any AWD car before.
On AWD idk…a little out definitely livened up steering, but I am not sure how it will translate on powered wheels. 1/8th out was mild, Im going to try a little more and see how understeer is in the turns. I guess you could always flip off 4wd if it behaves weird under power.

Tram-lining was brutal in the street with the track alignment tho.