07-12-2021, 01:57 PM   #117
Der_Wolf
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 G82 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuel-It! View Post
I think the joke is on you as that statement is full of half truths to try to create the perception that JB4 tuning and flash tuning are equally detectable.

The reality is all critical parameters are left in factory like values with the JB4. Their statement to the contrary is false.

The acceleration check they talk about has been in place since 2015, it's not a new addition. And it's easy for a system to avoid triggering it if you're tapped in to CANbus. Also remember acceleration alone does not prove you were tuned because the system has no real time way of telling how much slope you were going down as the slow speed GPS is not accurate enough for it. Also worth adding since 2015 I've yet to hear of a warranty claim being denied over the acceleration parameter.

As for leaving marks on sensors when unplugging them you have to really mangle it for them to notice. That is on the installer. Even if you mangle one you still have a fighting chance or could replace the connector.

Compare that to flash tuning, where the second BMW plugs in to the OBDII for your free oil changes several modules proactively report that you've been tuned and auto flag your VIN. There is no denial or defense possible, you're just screwed.
I am not comparing flash tunes to piggybacks. I am simply stating the fact of what happens when you tune your vehicle (flash or piggyback) and expect a warranty claim. So what about the FASTA data logged in the transmission? There have been a couple BMW techs on here as well who are confirming what I am saying, but I am sure you know better... If you want to talk about how JB4 is the best piggyback, then be my guest. I have no problem with vendors trying to sell their products. What I do take issue with, is someone trying to mislead a BMW owner when they are the ones who are going to have to foot the bill at the end of the day *IF* something goes south. Why doesn't the JB4 come with full warranty coverage then if BMW denies it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTPenland View Post
Der_Wolf Fuel-IT understands quite well, but keep in mind when you are speaking with Fuel-IT you are essentially having a conversation with BMS / Burger Motorsports (makers of JB4) about their own product. Fuel-IT products are sold on the Burger Motorsports website, and quite a bit of the "BMS JB4" dyno info you will see shared here was done at the Fuel-IT location in AZ. If you do a little research you will discover that most of what Fuel-IT does here on bimmerpost is defend and promote BMS products as you would expect. In fact on Burgers own forum (N54tech.com) Fuel-IT post as Steve @ BMS/Fuel-It! not sure they don't do that here, I think it would help a lot of people.

So they are going to defend their position on piggybacks to the bitter end and not back down. While at the same time taking swings at flash tunes

None of this is a problem at all but just figured I'd let you know you are not having a conversation with just another forum member, you are having a discussion with the manufacturer and/or their representative
Thats even worse. What a slimeball move to get people to buy the product. As well, Mission Performance is an actual tuner (as in, Fuel-IT is not BMS from what I understand; not as in BMS aren't actual tuners in their own right). I am sure you are aware of his accomplishments and what he has done for Toyota directly for the Supra. Why he would apparently not know how the systems work is just laughable.
Attached Images

///M

Last edited by Der_Wolf; 07-12-2021 at 02:23 PM..
Appreciate 1
Patton2502939.50