01-14-2022, 03:21 PM   #18
Nahlem
Captain
Sweden
Rep
Drives: None atm

Garage List
2022 BMW i4 m50  [10.00]
Good to see BMW developing the ICE engines to reduce the Co2 emissions, but lets hope they have the resources left to develop BEV's and other new drivetrains without the ICE taking to much of those resources.

But again anyone who knows a thing or two about this knows that ICE cars will be with us for quite some time still while some country's will outright ban the sales of new ICE after 2030 and upwards other country's without BEV infrastructure still needs personal transport and if that transport is ICE engines with minimal emissions the more the merrier of those new engines.

But i don't believe the board member is correct in his assessment of fuels becoming cheaper for ICE owners if anything this will be controlled by demand and supply if the demand lowers for each year simply oil companies wont produce petrol/diesel in such large quantities that it will be cheaper if anything it will get a bit more expensive but probably going to be reduced in such a way that it will be like with BEV infrastructure now they will simply switch places getting petrol/diesel will be harder to come by while BEV stations or other environmental fuel types stations will be abundant.

But make no mistake as much as governments around the world wants to phase out fossils fuels they do indeed love that sweet tax/vat revenue they get from it. And BEV drivers will probably be taxed by some form of miles/kilometre tax so the government wont loose to much money on the loss of petrol/diesel sales. That won't happen in the next 5-8 years but surely in 10 years or so governments will use some form of argument "Oh well drivers of BEVs need to pay this tax for upkeep of roads or the tires on the cars lets loose this particle and you need to pay tax for it"

That's how it always is, but i can imagine that cities who at times have issues with smog will appreciate more clear days and fresh air to breath in on those sunny days.

I Remember being in China 10-12 years ago while i could wake up one day and the hotel room was filled with this thick heavy air to breath and then a rain front came by and washed the smog away while making the buildings and streets covered in this dark brownish rain due to the rain particles bringing down the smog.

So i guess cities in the future will be a lot nice in that term.

Former Car:BMW i4 M50 Brooklyn Grey (MY22)| BMW i3s BEV (MY19)|Former Car: BMW X1 20d x-drive (MY16)|BMW m235i (MY14)|Former Car: BMW 120d (MY12)|Former Car: Volvo C30 T5 R-Design (MY08)|Former Car: Volvo C70 T5 (MY06)|Former Car: Volvo S40 2.0T(MY1999)
Appreciate 3
KoenG1428.50
1230vani652.50