10-11-2021, 03:24 PM   #58
Rayien
First Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: '09 C4S,'22 M3CX

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankieP View Post
I do not work for ACS, but I do work with them. I also have many of their parts on my personal cars currently and over the years starting with E90, E92M3, F30, G20, and JCW, so I've seen and experienced the quality first hand. The hood vents are part of the Design Package, which I'm sure you understand is styling, correct? I think the hood vent mesh design cue will become more prevalent as BMW releases further models, but why would ACS be ahead of the curve on styling(historical sarcasm)?

Yes the wing has been tested. You can find a video on their YT if you're interested and not trolling. You can't sell a product for road use if it is not tested and certified.

So since I answered your questions, can I ask you which one of the 1-6 are you? I assume you have never seen these "Autozone" parts in real life, correct?
That so call design cue of theirs is exactly what looks like an Autozone special. Your whole argument is based on that since people haven't seen their product in person, they don't know how "good" or "quality" it is. That is a terrible way to sell a product. I've never owned their product and you saying that is not going to convince me either.

"You can't sell a product for road use if it is not tested and certified." Most china brands would beg to differ, lol. I'm not a homologations expert and I'm gonna assume you aren't either. Unless it's emissions-related, certification for road use is a moot point. I'm only going to assume ACS does it out of necessity being out of Germany where there may be a TUV certification requirement. But TUV also has never checked aero parts on my vehicles, so...

Your previous statement was all-encompassing and implied (at least to me) they "test" all their products. I've seen their videos regarding the spoiler/lip. The claimed effects are similar to what M Performance parts tend to offer. If what ACS claims is indeed true, then it's down to a matter of style vs OEM/others. Which... was the original problem most people had with these ACS parts. They look rice and like they're from Autozone.