View Single Post
      02-25-2021, 01:42 PM   #145
siberius
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X4 M40i

I was referring to total bmw sales in general in my text above. Also USA 330 milion market vs Germany 82 milions, gives a clear advantage per capita to germans more than twice or almost any other european union country(M cars in Europe are somewhere 2 times more expensive than USA but still sells alot more per capita than usa with smaller purchase power). The thing is that main business are basic models and M cars today are less exclusive than 12 years allthough they are more expensive. With no good basic car sales there wouldnt be a M car models... And while i agree more poeple buy M cars in wealthy nations than in developed countries this trend might be only for this generation of G80 since other markets will catch up because basic sales will attract new customers who will want M as upgrade to to differentiate from other mass buyers. Developing markets will go same process as West Europe and USA gone 15 years ago and thats why they need to sell mass cars(luxury segment) to them before interest becomes small like it is..I worked for 7 years in marketing company for a luxury car producer, and we were responsible to analyze back then very poor markets like BOSNIA, TUNISIA, EGYPT, ALGERIA, TURKEY and prepare the marketing strategy. How many advertising boards were in Bosnia and Serbia after the war or in Algeria in 1998 with cars like HYUNDAI, VW, KIA? All boards had a luxury brand on them and 95% of people couldnt afford a bicycle let alone the car. Only luxury brads invested in marketing because they knew status attracts the wealthiest and this mentality passed to hard working people after. Nevertheless there was only TOYOTA who managed to outrun luxury big 3 in middle east since it was the only producer who offered reliable and well built japanese cars for their sandy environment. But i agree with you, i gone too big talk with general bmw direction and you were reffering to M models. Anyway i think this generation G80 will sell worldwide less than previous F80 especially if we take in account the sales per capita. Competition is much stronger then it was 2014 aswell.. i hope all the best for bmw which in my opinion was really the best driver car and still is but i think there is no big diffrrence anymore from much cheaper competitors and they lost the vibe in the process of attracting the milions for bigger profits.
Appreciate 0