View Single Post
      10-23-2021, 01:07 PM   #1
bhmax16
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '22 M4, '23 CX-50

Is it really this hard to spend money?

Looking to gauge how other members' experiences have been in purchasing a G80. Have you experienced hurdles with your respective dealers? I think everybody is well-educated on supply chain woes at this point, but have you ran into dealers seemingly unwilling to work a deal and/or a failed sense of urgency to sell a vehicle?

I am in my mid-30s with a younger looking face. Have those in a similar demographic felt they have not been taken seriously when considering a G80 or like purchase?

My local dealer has failed to respond to my inquiries over several days. Mostly general questions about allocations/production slots, available options, etc. I am ready to pull the trigger on an order if an allocation is available (and pending an agreement on price), but those discussions are on hold due to lack of response.

Fallback options include trying another dealer (likely out of state - open to recommendations from forum members on who to deal with), consider a Giulia Quadrifoglio or hold out another year for a Lotus Emira if I can justify a 2 seater for a daily driver. Pretty sure I do not want to give up 3 pedals which would make the Quad a hard pull to swallow.

Current BMW runs great and has been plenty reliable, though I have owned it for 11 years and it has 145k on the clock. A new vehicle is not a necessity, but I am bored and ready for a new ride.

Seeking others' thoughts/experiences. Is it really this difficult to spend money?
Appreciate 0