View Single Post
      01-16-2022, 10:44 AM   #58
Simms__
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by spicoli024 View Post
Congrats, that's exciting! What is your spec?
Thanks! I had been looking at ordering a car for a month or two, but it appeared that it was going to be a 10+ month wait before actually taking delivery. Or pay a crazy markup and hope it arrives in less than 6 months. I was fortunate enough to find a Dealer Allocation coming to BMW The Woodlands that met 85% of my spec and put my name on it. Whenever I actually take delivery of the car, I will post a more formal thread with pictures (possibly professional depending on this meet up), but for now the spec is below.

G80 Competition
Portimao Blue
Black Extended Leather
Exec Package
Carbon Fiber Trim
Shadowline Lights

Basic spec compared to most, but that's actually what I was targeting. Although it's not exactly the same, I have had experience on a brand new F150 King Ranch where I checked every option. And ultimately I don't use 60% of what I thought I "needed." The only options I would have like to have would have been the Full Black Leather. Although I am not sure how that would have held up in the South Texas heat and humidity. And possibly the Parking Assistance Package. I never use the 360 camera on my F150, but the front camera would have been convenient. Who knows, maybe once I take delivery, I can go and put my name on a new order. Then if I have to wait a year or so, at least I get to drive a G80 in the meantime.
Appreciate 0