Besharaf
Captain
Rep
Drives: Thin Air

Garage List
2023 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TillyM View Post
I got my 22 M4 xdrive right around covid peak last year in June at Alexandria. Prior to this was trying to make deal at sterling but they were extremely skeptical and shady which I end up walking out. Told me that they can do 3k above msrp and that I am 5th on line which I can expect to receive car around December or January 22.
Told sterling that I will not pay a dime extra over msrp and the moment I said that, they couldn't be more rude and didn't even bother trying to make deal. went to Alexandria next day, and to my very surprise, they said allocation is in hand and I can put in order,, no discount, just MSRP. got that done and 2 weeks later, received my build notification.
towards end of build, after reading thru series of upcharge and delay and wait, I almost thought that my SA was trying to scam me and sell the vehicle to another who can pay highest. had check in almost day to day to see on the update but in the end, Alexandria kept their end of bargain. was very happy.
However, the lady finance manager who started about week before, tried to say 90past 0% APR and would need to pay current APR at the time,, almost made a huge scene, yelled at SA and end up reaching management to get the 0%.- well worth time of 6 hour arguing back and forth lol ~

Even prior M4, never had good experience at Sterling, Fairfax has their M or BMW pride hitting the roof " Well if you are planning to own M, you need to pay premium" .. WTF .. or tried getting 2 brand new 5 series and asked for discount - "this is BMW you are talking about.. a ultimate driving machine" ... lol get da FO .. and walked out and ended up getting my last two at Sliverspring.

Alexandria was very first experience but overall, I was very happy.
Perhaps other dealer, it may be the SA - wrong people at worng time.. but surely gave me good impression not to return back to their dealer.

GL with build and hope you don't have to wait extra 2 month due to chip shortage like myself

Thanks for sharing your story! I'm sure Alexandria will pull through,it's getting to the allocation that I haven't been too happy with the process. A couple of us hear different numbers every month and it's pretty much up in the air on when our turn will come. That's been the most frustrating part, hopefully it's relatively soon.

Passport had been great to me in the process, kinda hoping they pull through.
Appreciate 2
T3F45.50