View Single Post
      12-30-2020, 03:05 PM   #20
solstice
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLF69 View Post
When I was thinking of replacing my Q5 TDI, I actually did test drive 3 Macans, a base 4cyl and around 8 months later a sport edition (4cyl, air suspension, sport Chrono, sport ex.) and then a Macan S with steel suspension.

I finally ended up investing a couple thousands in the Q5 to make it good as new and honestly it's been the best daily I owned as of now.

As for Macans, strangely the sport edition felt the best to me, probably due to the light weight, it felt agile and light on its feel for an SUV. The S felt nose heavy like my TDI but in a good way like a nice cruiser, engine wise I think the V6 Macans feel slow because Porsche tunes them to feel like non-turbo engines. As the 4 popper well it felt like a good VAG group 4 cyl wich are amongst the best of there kind. That Sport Edition with its good fuel economy would be a perfect daily replacement but I don't really see it as a track day thing.

I test drove a X3 M40i and altrought it did everything well it just did not inspire me much, and I would not want anything stiffer than this in an SUV.. My BMW vendor tried to sway me to a X4M but all I read and ear in reviews is its overly stiff for no good reason. (It’s NA and have HPS)

I am also kind of tired to drive cars that you have to be going 3x the speed limit to feel anything, sometimes I just lust over Evoras but winters crush my vision..
Keeping a car you like for long is great, we have a 2013 Cayenne that is just amazing for what it is and what we use it for. It’s more fun to drive than any SUV or car at it’s size and weight have the right to. I actually fear to trade it since I don’t think I can find something new as satisfying for a reasonable penny (It is naturally aspirated and has HPS)

However going backwards as your 2018 M2 to an older generation car is something very different and a recipe for regrets IMO.
Appreciate 0