Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by 340i9114s View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankiebones View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 340i9114s View Post
I think the Kith collaboration shows exactly who the target market is on these new M cars.

I wouldnt be surprised if you have to prove you own atleast $5,000 in Supreme gear and 3 pairs of limited edition Nike's to even buy the car.

If you put on any music other than Trap music, the car will self destruct.
Funny comment lol.

Does it matter? I could care less about the Kith collab (although I do think the pictures are cool) but I have friends deep in that community and they're all talking about the new M4. These are people that, on any other day, could care less about cars and they're all excited and several have joined the forums.

Isn't what's good for BMWM good for all of us?
Yeah its cool until the new 2 series looks like the nissan 370z and they include underglow as a package.

I personally dont love the direction bmw, and the M division are heading in.

They changed their target audience and left the people who have been a part of it for years, high and dry

Its kind of like when Porsche came out with the 996, everyone hated the design, as they tried to appeal to more markets.

Also, to be fair, the hypebeast crowd is pretty lame anyway.
Out of curiosity, how did BMW leave us high and dry? I ask that question sincerely. I've been an M driver for 20 years and despite all of the changes over two decades (..which applies to the BMW forums demographic as well; there's a noticeable difference in the behavior of members), I don't personally feel left high and dry. BMW is still offering high horsepower, great handling cars WITH manual transmissions. BMW is still offering UDE's all around the country. BMW is still running M track days at Thermal and at other venues. BMW is still the value performance per dollar premium option on the market; the only way up from BMW is a significantly more expensive Porsche. BMW still offers finance packages that makes it easier for the enthusiast to buy their cars/get more car than they can afford (...that latter statement was a playful poke since people here seem to assume younger people can't obtain expensive cars, yet, Cars & Coffee meets are full of youngin's in expensive cars; whether or not their parents bought it for them is irrelevant. Parents have always been a piece of the young enthusiast puzzle regardless of what car you're into) and/or absorb more of the financial risk. BMW has offered us 0.9%/1.9% on both the E9X M3 and the F8X M3. For someone who is/was good with their money, it was possible to walk away with a fully paid off M having paid very little in interest. All of those offerings are for the small percentage of us [enthusiasts] that actually take advantage of them.
Appreciate 5
xlover2191.00
ChiTownM1062.00
wesleyan921411.00
OF Hero1133.00