View Single Post
      03-27-2024, 10:35 PM   #25
DFW_M
Major General
Rep
Drives: Macan GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeelToeShift View Post
Let's look at is this way, the S is now the old GTS and the GTS is the old turbo. I personally don't think the new GTS feels nearly 440 hp nor do I find it do be a worthwhile step over the S for the 20-30K more. If you were going the way of the Macan, either are good, but the S is much more bang for the buck. Only real reason to go for the GTS is if you want the GTS package with the wheels, stitching etc.
IMO, having now driven the current gen X3M and Stelvio Quad, one of those two would be my option if you want the closest thing to an M3 in an SUV. The X3M feels way more edgy and sport car than the Macan, but does ride a little stiffer, but the Stelvio has probably the best ride of them all and an engine that is nearly a match for the S58.
Thanks for the replay.
With Stelvio, I have two major and related concerns -- reliability and dealer availability/convenience. I will check if there is dealership availability close to me. We have multiple Porsche and BMW dealerships in the DFW area.
A good friend of mine went from F80 to X3M to G87. The X3M was the least favorite of the 3 for him
Appreciate 0