View Single Post
      03-25-2024, 08:02 AM   #10
Needsdecaf
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2024 G80 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeelToeShift View Post
As a 3 time Macan owner (2S' and one GTS) I have very little interest in this car. I do have an EV (Mustang Mach-E GT Performance) alongside my 911, at one point 2 718 GT4s, and M3 but not sure I'll do an EV again despite the Mach-E being fantastic through closing on 2 years. I'd rather have a hybrid that has decent electric only range (60+ miles).
It will be interesting to see how problematic the Macan is because the Taycan was plauged with issues as well as the materials and overall build quality for Porsche have gone down and you can see it in Porsche's reliability and dependability ratings which have dropped below industry average because of it. The tech in them is so atrocious and the range is some of the worst for EVs as well. Maybe the Macan will be better, but I wouldnt hold my breath.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sierra055 View Post
Sorry, as another multi Macan owner (2x GTS's) the EV edition does nothing for me at all. Best of luck with it though.
Haha, judging by what I see posted on Rennlist, the current / past Macan owners seem to be seriously offended that their car is being replaced by an EV. I guess I get it, but I never really warmed to the Macan as it's WAY too small for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmerfun82 View Post
What do you find interesting about the Macan EV, other than the Porsche-typical fanciful options list? You could spend less and get better performance and practicality.

Seems overpriced for what it offers.
Well, isn't that the Porsche story? What defines performance. The Taycan is way slower than a Model S, but if you drive the two back to back....you immediately see where the money went.

Tesla is a major disruptor because their price : performance ratio is so skewed. For under $60k you can get a Model 3 Perf. that has a 3 second zero to 60. But then you have to drive a Model 3 (I did for 4 years, so not simply throwing shade, based on real world observations). Based on watching some of the drive observation videos, the Macan EV should be quite a good performer and I would suspect outshine the current ICE Macan.

But we will see. I personally don't care for the looks at all, as I hate cars with divorced headlight / DRL's and don't care for slopey back SUV shapes. But I'm not in the market and I suspect it will sell very well, as it offers similar performance to Taycan for a lot less $$. My buddy is jettisoning his 2020 Taycan Turbo for one.

The Taycan was a very flawed car. Could tell the moment it came out that packaging was terrible, efficency was low. For the size of the car, it is super cramped inside. Feels large and ponderous to me. Plus all the issues. I spoke to my Porsche service advisor and he told me stay far, FAR away from Taycan. It's very much a first gen product; Porsche has already abandoned the platform. It will die after this refreshed Taycan goes out of production.
Appreciate 1
Draper3467.00