Thread: Macan Turbo EV
View Single Post
      03-24-2024, 10:04 AM   #6
Draper
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M4 Comp / Macan Turbo

I personally love the styling, and I think it's a big improvement over the current ICE Macan, which to me feels very meh after they switched to from separate 3D tail lamps to the light bar which every mid-sized SUV on the market has these day (and I won't even mention the face on the current GTS). IMHO, the peak of Macan ICE style was 2018 with the Sport Design package and GTS/PP ride height.

If you're not on board with EV then this of course won't be for you. I don't have negative feelings towards EV (other than having a strong dislike for Tesla as I see no less than 150 per day) so I am remaining pretty open minded.

I see plenty of Taycan owners on Rennlist moving to these, so I think the negative experiences may be overblown. Resale-wise, if you are buying a $200K car and worried about value I think that says more about you than the current market.

Since this will be a 2025, I will have the benefit of seeing the reviews of people who receive the first models. If there are big issues I may change direction and cancel my order as I wouldn't expect these to be sorted out by the very next model year.

Porsche knows their market so they will of course continue to produce ICE cars for as long as they possibly can, but the fact that the Taycan bested the GT2 RS at Laguna Seca says a lot about what they are capable of making.