View Single Post
      09-28-2020, 02:37 AM   #28
AlterZgo
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 23 X3 M40i, 21 911S, 24 Taycan

I don't think 6MT sales will be affected all that much. 6MTs have been slower than DCTs and automatics for a long time now (basically since the E9x Ms). To have yet another generation where the 6MT is slower than the automatic M is not a huge deterrent to those who prefer a 6MT. Besides, the last gen was already plenty fast and the G8x is even faster - even the reduced power 6MT version will feel extremely fast.

To complicate matters, the fact that BMW got rid of the DCT may actually cause some enthusiasts to go back to the 6MT even with the reduced power. Personally, I'm a 6MT guy all the way. However, I had decided that I would just keep my F80 6MT to have the fun of shifting manually and get a G82 M4 in DCT as my next car... until I heard they were going to be slushbox automatics. I despise torque converter automatics so now I'm rethinking this and may go with a G80 6MT M3.

I don't really care much that the 6MT will have less power. It is just a tune away from having more power than the comp pack cars. I know people are saying the new Bosch ECUs are uncrackable. I'm sure it will be cracked in the next 2-3 yrs when I'm ready for my G80 M3. In the meantime, I just got my crankhub fixed on my F80 M3 and waiting for a set of rims to arrive. Going to enjoy my F80 for a few more years!
Appreciate 3
Rhanis12.00
LSM1118.00