View Single Post
      07-17-2021, 04:45 PM   #9
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: M4 CS. Former G82, x2 F82, F80

Like I said I really like these wheels, but when I go with a new set I think I'll be going 19s all the way around. I have the staggered 19/20 setup which has gotta go, and I adore 20s but I think our dinky ridiculous rear calipers are a serious eye sore on these cars (they're so bad flashes in my mind of Ebay caliper covers has occurred and I couldn't be more embarrassed for even thinking of it). Going with a 21 is going to make it even worse, think of those Porsche Boxsters you see with the huge wheels and the dinky little rear calipers, ours are even WORSE. Couple the rear calipers with our massive, aircraft sized front brakes and its just looks completely out of whack. When I see a side profile of our cars, I see a person who could only afford a front BBK and left the dinky rears because he didn't have the cash to do all four corners lol.

I think 19s would help mask the unfortunate size of the rear calipers better than 20s, and a helluva lot better than 21s.

Before you torch me, YES I know the braking on our cars is incredible. I'm simply speaking to the aesthetics which are woeful.
Appreciate 1