View Single Post
      01-27-2022, 11:58 PM   #51
RugbyBro
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEGRITY View Post
True that. Same applies to the M2 and M5 CS I think. But those cars have become Demi-Gods almost. Some credits to the comp and pure versions where they are derived from is never ever mentioned!
Yeah I think the take away is that BMW has the potential to unlock these cars just by applying the correct tuning all around since the working parts that make the CSs go and "feel" superior are not bespoke, just tuned differently. In my experience in F8X CS, everything is like 10% better which in isolation doesn't seem that significant but as a total package really makes a noticeable difference. Although I do have to say, the biggest improvement hands down is the suspension tuning - that feels like > 10%. But goes to show you that the regular cars are really not far off at all.

I'll say that in the case of the M2CS there is an argument that it has more hardware "upgrades" over a regular M2C. Mainly because M2C hand none to begin with and was sand bagged from the factory with static suspension & neutered engine tuning. And even then, BMW didn't give the M2CS the full F8X CS tune... can't have cannibalism in the product range.
TEGRITY616.50