View Single Post
      01-24-2022, 11:29 AM   #96
Almaretto
Major General
Rep
Drives: Test Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by edofloat View Post
Still waiting for my G82, but on my G05 have not needed to recode the lights. So I guess we shall see what happens with the G82 coding.

One of the first OTA updates on my G05 received actually improved the function of the anti-dazzle. I do know some with G05 have reported that they had to recode after updates.
When flashing via computer, only ECUs with updates are programmed and reset to factory settings. It is possible the OTA did not affect BDC, FLM, or KAFAS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jailonacs99 View Post
Can someone who provides coding (I'm in PA) please PM me or post here? I'm interested in having this done, but just want to be clear on any risks or potential issues at service. The last OTA update was just a few weeks ago, so hopefully it's a while until the next one.
I can remote code. I do not know anyone in PA area. Risks are minimal as most dealership do not care or have the time/resources to check. More likely to run into issues if you are reporting problems or faults detected that require investigation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmaster20d View Post
Sh**, we pay for this but can't use the tech....sucks. Anyone know of a hack to unlock the adaptive and beam split features?
The solution is to code back in feature until law is changed in two years. Though, no guarantee on timeline or feature will be retroactively enabled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Deep View Post
Woow…no laserlights, no sourround view…more and more stuff cut off…would be a no-go for me

You can retrofit, but gonna be way too expensive…new ECUs needed too, and there are multiple just for lights…I once checked what a light would cost with my dealer out of curiosity. 2,5k$ for one…without any ECUs
Agreed; supply chain issues are really cutting into must-have feature unfortunately.

You can sometimes get used lights for less.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberNine View Post
To my understanding Canadian market has more restrictions compared to USA and European, I wouldn't be surprised if more restrictions kicks in nowadays.
Canadian market was approved for NGHB. I am not sure about other restrictions.
Appreciate 0