View Single Post
      11-29-2020, 12:49 PM   #105
burnsniper
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: AW F80 ZCP & 1M BSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramos View Post
Does anyone else think that the stripper with zero options (maybe color and carbon fiber trim) for around $71k is the ticket?

Honestly there is nothing beyond that that I feel I would terribly miss.

As someone in the market for a lightly optioned M340i, a stripper M3 would not be terribly more expensive, would have 6MT which is not available on the M340i, all the extra performance and I could live without any of the other extras.
I agree on a stripper +; my current F80 is ZCP + Leather Sears only.

My G80 build would similar to my F80 but does necessitate more options:

1. Color (maybe - my current F80 is alpine but I got it for a steal)
2. CF trim
3. Buckets
4. Possibly full leather (only option I kinda of wish my F80 has that it doesn't but would have been hard to justify the price)
5. ZCP style wheels
6. Extended shadow line trim (free)

Personally I don't really want cameras + tech in my cars as they quickly get outdated and break more often than mechanical bits and bobs.

I mean the executive package or parking assistance package in a M3? Heated steering wheel (because most people will be driving their M3's in sub 40 degree weather...not), power tailgate (really are we that lazy now), gesture controls (useless), different lights, etc. - come on what a waste of money. Some people like HUDs so I could see that being of value to someone (I am already annoyed at the digital dash).

I am personally only going to jump in this generation if (1) my F80 breaks or is wrecked or (2) they bring the wagon with a stick stateside.
Appreciate 0