View Single Post
      12-23-2021, 07:52 AM   #12
8262S
Captain
Rep
Drives: G80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by HorsePower View Post
Sounds good. Just to make sure you know, the 829Ms are a cast wheel, not forged like the OEM wheels that come on G8x cars. Sometimes people can score a great deal on the 829M set, but if paying close to MSRP for them, many of us have decided to go aftermarket for the winter wheels (to save $1,000+ on the set), since the 829Ms are cast anyway. VMR, for example, offers many flow formed wheels (not forged, but not basic cast either) for hundreds less than the 829Ms. Other go-to forum brands for flow formed wheels (such as Apex) will also likely soon be coming out with G8x fitments. Getting set up for this winter was tough for many of us - by next winter, there should be more options available (and hopefully less of a tire shortage).

Another interesting option people have done, is to purchase 2 additional matching OEM front wheels, to make a square set of those (since you already get 2 with the car). Some of them are surprisingly affordable compared to what you think - including the jet black 826M 19 inch fronts.

The various OEM wheel options have widely varying pricing as "parts" even though they are all similarly priced as options (I believe my upcharge to go to 826Ms in jet black was $1,300 if I recall correctly).
Great info thanks! You are correct I do not need to pay a premium for a cast wheel with a BMW logo. And winter wheels can have a hard life depending on what you are doing with the car.

I think if I go the inexpensive wheel route, I’ll try to find something like a rally set that gives the car that look for the winter.

This forum has a lot of great information on it. Glad I found it!
Appreciate 1