ChargerHellcat
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Comp Xdrive FDG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visconti View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AhsanU View Post
Internet news articles and headlines are supposed to be summaries of what entails within the post/article. This thread's title is factually incorrect, thus it warrants the responses you're getting. If I clicked on a news headline that said "100% effective cure for lung cancer!" and the article states that the cure is actually 50% effective, then I won't give a shit that the article itself clearly says that it's 50% effective right off the bat in the actual article - it misled me with a false headline, just like you are and have done.

You're also missing the point about your brand's reputation. How many sales you purportedly make is irrelevant. A Google search of "Visconti tuning" and clicking the 3rd link on the GTR Life forums tells anyone all they need to know about the type of person you are and the company you run.

I'm not sure what you mean by "trash a stock car", but my statement still stands: bringing a G8X into a BMW service centre with your tune for any serious engine-related warranty work will get denied. If there's a 5% chance of BMW covering something, it's still 5% - it'd be 0% with an ECU tune. Comparing an ECU tune to "trashing a stock car" speaks for itself. No one should modify their ECU unless they're willing to fork out big money in case shit hits the fan.

The car is modified, and there's nothing else to it. It's an error, but it's absolutely hilarious that this is the hill you want to die on - arguing whether a car with an ECU tune is a " bone stock" car
wow you're really stuck on that thread title huh, it makes me chuckle.

The point your missing is if my brand's reputation was anything like you were hinting or as bad as anyone wrote about I wouldn't be as busy as I am... right? or am I missing something.

I never said your statement was wrong, I just pointed out that keeping your car STOCK doesn't mean BMW replaces everything that goes wrong. If you trash the car BMW doesn't have to do anything.

Trashing a car means abusing the car - you can do this without a tune. There's no warranty for abuse. The warranty is to replace items that have worn out/broken unexpectedly or has a defect from the factory ie BEARING RECALL. If you abuse or dont maintain the car correctly don't expect anyone to cover anything.

If your G80 has a open recall for something and you tune it I dont think BMW can skip the recall.

Anyone reading this should know that if you touch anything attached to that engine you'll be risking your power train warranty.

Intakes, JB4, ECU Flash, etc etc etc... yeah, i said intakes.

Dont play unless you are prepared to own any failure that happens. The good news is the S58 is a beast and with solid tuning you have nothing to worry about.

John
Wow..interesting way to build customer service. By all means you both have valid points. However, is this the mountain you really want to die on?

Since you're great with tuning, maybe you should hire a service writer to deal with the customers service end of it for you. I'm very intrigue by your capabilities, however scared by your responses to potential new customers. No need to be fluffy salesman, but no need to be somewhat condescending and combative over something as silly as this.

That's just my two cents. I'm just here for the potential for S58 anyways. Hopefully these suckers can hit some low 5s to mid 4s on 60-130 with just bolts on.
2012 - Charger SRT 392 - Sold
2009 - Charger SRT 6.1 - Sold
Appreciate 1